Moms Across America Cooperative Guidelines
Posted 4月 2020
We are thrilled you want to start a local Moms Across America Cooperative - or Moms Coop - and GET STUFF DONE! We will strive to empower you to protect your local community from 4/5G, toxic chemicals, and anything that threatens your families and communities well-being. YOU and your local moms, however, are the best ones to influence your local policies. So with our educational material and your team's local knowledge and connections - we will be UNSTOPPABLE!
Here is what we are creating together:
Moms Across America’s mission is to educate and empower mothers and others with actions and solutions to create healthy communities together.
We value responsibility, integrity, compassion, creativity, fun, and empowerment.
Our Moms Across America Cooperatives fulfill our mission by having gatherings that welcome speakers, inform members of local issues, and foster collaboration with other groups to take action on issues that impact the health of the community. Our purpose is to connect residents locally, inform them regarding local policy proposals (such as the Board of Education or Vector Control) and state bills, and invite them to get involved in the process of protecting our families from policies and laws that could endanger our family’s well-being. Together, we create unity and effectiveness in addressing local challenges to create healthy communities.
We do not require, but do invite, involvement in the actions that can bring health and freedom to our community. We welcome information from all sides of the issue, presented in a professional manner, backed with sources and science. We do not condone or support political candidates but we do discuss the issues which impact health. We especially focus on 4/5G, Health Freedom, supporting local organic farmers, local businesses that supply healthy, organic and sustainable products. We invite speakers from other groups or experts to present about health solutions that are natural, DIY, and/or affordable.
The outcome will be to create a cooperative “health advocate potluck party” per se that brings education, fun, effectiveness, and unstoppable empowerment to local communities, nationwide!
- Form your group. Pick your initial issue. You may start your group to stop 5G in your neighborhood or schools, work on Health Freedom, other health issues, or create local food security. We suggest no matter what the health issue is that inspires you, to have one person in your group also address local organic food. Create a resource list of local organic, biodynamic or regenerative farmers - food gathers people and local farmers, right now, may be in dire straights due to cancelled orders. Contact a local Weston A. Price chapter nearby and request the resource list. Find pasture raised, organic meat and produce on this great website. Make sure your local farm is listed. Let’s take back our food system! https://farmsthataredelivering.com/. Look up other CSAs or Farmer’s Market directors that may not be operating now, and ask how you can connect the farmers to the customers. Gather your list of resources, with links, telephone numbers or websites. Read the MAA Cooperative agreement and agree to the use of the Moms Across America name and trademark as approved by email to [email protected]
- Create a Zoom meeting (free up to 40 minutes) with, for example: “(City Name) Wichita Local Food Sources (or 5G etc) - Moms Across America Call to Action to Support Farmers” and post the link 1 week, 3 days, 1 day before and the day of, on the app NextDoor, Facebook, Meetup.com and/or at your local library. Invite your neighbors to get on the call. Set the meeting to require participants to register so that they have to give their email and you can follow up with them afterwards.
- Have your call with the suggested guidelines and share the resources you have found. Create a drop-off or pick-up time and get commitments from participants to order by a certain date. Invite everyone to join your Facebook group or get consent for a shared email list.
- Optional - Create a (City Name or County name - Moms Across America Coop) (example Mission Viejo - Moms Across America Coop) Facebook, Instagram or Meetup.com group. It is advised to add 1-2 other admins to the group to start.
- Request support to and/or organize a minimum of 1 monthly meeting locally (each member takes turns) when you are able to meet locally again, otherwise hold a weekly Zoom meeting at the same day and time, to connect with local moms. You can also do Facebook Live meetings or Instagram Lives to connect online. Weekly meetups are optimal, including park play dates, potlucks or coffee.
- Provide MAA with a contact phone number and email for point person to be listed on the website and in our newsletter.
- On your weekly Zoom meeting take a moment to hear from each person and record their suggestions for the next month.
We will contact you with more suggested activities for your second month in two weeks. In the meantime, enjoy connecting with your community!
Moms Across America Cooperative Agreements:
- We do not discriminate based on race, religion, or any other characterization.
- We do not sexually harass or gesture or talk about other people in a sexual manner.
- These groups are intended to be a safe space for moms. Each group has the authority to allow members in as they see fit.
- We agree to only use the Moms Across America logo on material that has been approved by the MAA headquarters team.
- We do not promote or condemn any particular candidate. We can discuss a candidate’s position on issues, but we cannot suggest or support as a group who to vote for or against.
- We do not “name call” or speak aggressively to each other or to the opposition.
- To be effective in communication, we communicate directly to anyone we have an issue with, we do not gossip, enable gossip or harassment.
- We take personal responsibility for our well-being and do not participate in any MAA action that threatens our well-being, such as volunteering when we are unwell, for Moms Across America events. Nor do we hold Moms Across America responsible for our well-being or personal items. If we have disagreements with MAA we agree to bring the issue to a mediator.
- We agree to communicate immediately if we are ever in a position where we cannot do what we committed to doing. We are volunteers that are committed to being effective as a group and understand that our individual commitments and actions affect and make a difference as a whole.
To start a local cooperative:
We request that you are a member before you start a cooperative. If you are NOT a member, if you can afford it, join first and then apply to start a cooperative. Membership is $36.00 per year or $3.00 per month made payable to [email protected] by Paypal or donation online at https://donate.momsacrossamerica.org/campaign/together-we-are-stronger/c252497. Please mark subject line or comment with donation “MAAC” to designate intention to create a Moms Across America Cooperative.
We encourage you to read and discuss the book UNSTOPPABLE - Transforming Sickness and Struggle into Triumph, Empowerment and a Celebration of Community by Zen Honeycutt.
Then, simply sign up below if you agree to the MAA Coop Agreements!
We will contact you to help you get started. We also invite you to join us on our Monday Night Moms Connect calls at 5pm PT. To do so, sign up for our email newsletter and simply open your MAA email on Monday and get the link.
Once the coop is set up, we will send an introductory packet of 100 flyers and materials to empower your group to share and grow.
The initial packet is provided free of charge. However, a donation of $30 to help defray expenses would be gladly accepted.
Simply sign-up below to start your Moms Coop!
THANK YOU!Sign up