What an incredible year! Both tragic and triumphant, if you are a supporter of this cause, one thing is for sure -- life is always challenging.
With your support we have reached more people than we can count, raised awareness, inspired action and supported healthy communities across the country and around the world together. Your support and participation is literally altering the future of our planet. THANK YOU!
We are committed to taking bold actions with velocity and this year we continued to do so. The events you initiate, support, attend or promote make a difference!
Amber, Happel, Kayt, Anne, Heather and Zen on "The Hill" after
meetings with Senator's aides on World Food Day 10月 16 2015.
During our third year as a growing organization we were delighted with the many amazing people we have been able to collaborate with nationally and internationally:
the Organic Consumer's Association, Label GMOs, CSG, March Against Monsanto, GMOFree USA, SumofUs, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds Expo, MADGE Australia, GE Free New Zealand, No GMOs Tawain, No GMOs UK Moms, ChemFreeCom.com, AsYouSow, Weston A. Price Foundation, Truth in Labeling Coalition, Food Democracy Now, Chinese and African Mom leaders, scientists and farmers around the world, Jeffrey Smith, Citizen's For GMO Labeling, Autism One, Concerned Citizens of Iowa, Occupy the World Food Prize, Shaka Movement, and more. We are grateful to our primary sponsors, NYR Organic, Baker Creek and Dr.Bronner's Magic Soaps and the hundreds of individual supporters for being a part of this crucial cause.
We are most grateful this year for the opportunity to work together with so many wonderful people. Thank you all.
Group of activists at Heirloom Expo Breakfast
Many groups have requested the presence of Moms Across America at their events this year. I was honored to speak on behalf of our supporters at 40 locations, nationally and internationally, reaching thousands, raising awareness and supporting actions for healthy communities. In every location, I looked into the eyes of parents and saw people struggling with their children's health. I also saw immense gratitude for all of your testimonials and actions. People around the world are truly inspired by the number of calls, the events and campaigns you are participating in and the difference you are making. THANK YOU!
I also spoke at events where people oppose what we are doing, and even then, I saw that they listened and we made a difference for them. I wondered if it is because many of them have family that are sick as well.
These locations included Monsanto in Missouri, Dow in Michigan, Dupont in Maryland, Syngenta in Basel, Switzerland, and the Borlaug Dialogue: World Food Prize Conference in Iowa.
The Monsanto shareholder meeting account blog was reported to us by an EU contact to have been translated into 7 languages.
I spoke on behalf of Moms Across America on a speaking tour with Dr. Michelle Perro and Dr. Michael Antoniou in Australia and New Zealand and in Zurich, Switzerland at an EU protest against the GM Potato and corporate control. It is clear that we are a global food economy and GMO chemical farming is affecting us all.
|Parade marchers in CT and Texas.|
You had Moms Meetups all across the country in May and connected with leaders who inspire us to continue on.
You called, emailed, posted and wrote letters by the thousands to senators and representatives.
Many of you courageously met with your Senator's aides for the first time, really expanding yourself and our impact.
Supporters marched in parades in July for the third year, totaling over 700 events in the first three years of our existence in all 50 states.
Our sponsors enabled us to send out hundreds of thousands of free flyers, door hangers, buttons and decals to over 500 leaders and you passed them out around your communities.
In addition, over 85 supporters took our speaker training and are empowered to speak across the country, expanding our reach!
Outside of Monsanto building at the OCA, MAM, Occupy and MAA Dark Act Rally.
The results? What you are contributing to:
- Food manufacturers are moving away from GMOs and toxins! Organic food is the fastest growing sector of the market!
- More moms report healthier children and happier families! Priceless!
- The World Health Organization deemed glyphosate a probable carcinogen.��Did you know that a member of the WHO was in our meeting with the EPA 5月 27, 2014 on Rachel Carson's birthday? We presented a binder of studies showing harmful and cancerous effects and your testimonies.
- The EPA is conducting glyphosate testing in breast milk and has yet to make their decision about revoking the license of glyphosate.
- The CA EPA stated it's intent to label glyphosate a carcinogen.
- Monsanto's stock value dropped 30% at one point.
- Syngenta declared they deliberately decreased the sale of glyphosate this year.
- Reuters reported that Big Ag is moving AWAY from harsh chemical pesticides and towards more biological solutions.
- Enlist Duo was was pulled OFF the market (THANK YOU!!!) and further investigation of glyphosate and other toxic chemicals were conducted.
- Climate Chaos is being connected to GMO farming and the international community is beginning to agree on organic farming benefits.
- Moms championed and succeeded in having schools, homeowners associations and counties to go glyphosate free.
- GMO Free zones were passed and Vermont's labeling law was upheld!
- We helped stop the DARK Act and TPP from being passed this year.
- More countries now BAN GMOS than grow them.
Food Justice Rally: Zen, Tami, & Amber. Maui with Autumn, Rep. Ellie Cochran, Zen & Beth of Shaka.
Be assured that you supporters- getting tested, calling and speaking up about your children's health issues, are the primary catalyst for many of these countries' concerns and bans. This I have been told many times. Even more than scientific studies, your experience matters.
Your calls, testimonials, actions, and support make a difference! Thank you!
In the coming year, we have some great campaigns, solutions, events and actions you can participate in and support.
We have new health solutions, a grocery store, new campaigns and more supportive training coming soon!
Check our newest event and please participate if you can!
Look out for some exciting announcements in our emails and calls to action. To further support us, please become a member in 2016.
Again, Thank you for your partnership!
Founder and Director Moms Across America