Unstoppable Moms Across America Launches The Gold Standard To Shift the Marketplace toward a Healthier Planet
Los Angeles, CA, 9月 12, 2019 - MomsAcrossAmerica.org has today announced the launch of the Moms Across America Gold Standard. Awarded to food, beverage and supplement brands that have achieved superior levels of organic practices and eco-friendly procedures, the bar-setting, multi-tiered verification will finally take the mystery out of shopping, making it simple for people to choose the healthiest products for themselves and their families and to use their wallets to take a stand against unhealthy alternatives and unethical business practices. Likewise, the standard also provides a path for companies that know better and do better to prosper by throwing the buying power and influence of millions of dedicated mothers behind their products.
Multi-tiered verification program creates a trustworthy resource for consumers while encouraging best practices by suppliers, creating a win-win for humanity and the planet.
The Moms Across America Gold Standard will evaluate and award brands based upon their verifiable commitment to health, integrity, transparency, and beyond sustainable- regenerative organic practices. On a scale of three to five stars, the three-tier standard is designed to include established, proven certifications while augmenting their benchmarks in some cases and supplementing them to create an exceptional level of verification for key components, such as ingredient transparency, fair wages, and packaging biodegradability.
The Moms Across America Gold Standard
An exceptional standard for a healthier world
While the requirements vary slightly for food and supplements, to receive three Gold Stars a brand’s product must:
- Provide total transparency, including “natural flavors,” and not include carrageenan, chlorine dioxide, synthetic food dyes or additives.
- Be certified organic by the USDA or other certifiers (or BIODYNAMIC/Wildcrafted).
- Be glyphosate herbicide tested or certified Glyphosate Residue-free.
To receive four Gold Stars a brand’s product must:
- Meet all previous requirements
- Be Non-GMO Project Verified (including no synthetic biology) if the ingredients exist as GMO
- Heavy metal tested for 1.5x or more than the number of heavy metals in standard testing.
- Tested for 2x more than the common pesticides and herbicides in current organic standards.
- If animal products are used, they must be humanely raised.
To receive five Gold Stars a brand’s product must:
- Meet all previous requirements
- Support the transition to Regenerative Organic Agriculture or BIODYNAMIC either through ingredients or by donation of a portion of sales.
- Use Fair Trade practices and pay Fair Labor wages.
- Use Low to No Pollution Packaging-utilizing 100% recycled materials, bioplastics or glass, or have a mail-in recycling program.
Moms Across America (MAA) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate and empower mothers and others with actions and solutions to create healthy communities. Their motto is “Empowered Moms, Healthy Kids”. The national coalition of mothers is dedicated to ensuring that the food we eat and feed our families is safe and healthy, with an emphasis on eliminating GMOs and glyphosate, the key ingredient in Roundup herbicide, from our food supply. A powerhouse activist organization, MAA reaches as many as more than four million followers on social media each month and millions in person with local events across the country. Among its many successes, the group is responsible for having initiated the first-ever glyphosate testing in tap water, urine, and breast milk in 2013. And it was their petition that convinced Costco to stop selling Roundup in their stores.
For more information, visit: